Team Leaders and Managers:
Do the following points sound familiar to you?
- You manage a constantly changing and/or growing team.
- Project managers come to you requesting access to your resources for their projects. You need to check your team members’ availability and coordinate efforts, taking you away from other tasks at hand.
- Your team members are assigned to multiple projects simultaneously. Meanwhile, they also have their regular day-to-day business to focus on. And of course, like everyone else, they attend meetings, work on their professional development and have other KPI objectives.
- You need a snapshot of how much time your team members spend on each project or task to properly gauge and potentially adjust the required number of hours each task requires.
- In a nutshell: You want to monitor, track and assess what your team members are working on and how much their capacity is being used, ideally in Excel.
If this is you, you’ve come to the right place.
I have built a simple but powerful resource planner for team leads.
The Tactical Project Manager Resource Planner for Excel
How the planner can help you
What you can do with the planner
A Sneak Peek At the Resource Planner
The main View
Resource utilization report
The Resource Planner comes with a simple utilization report which shows the total capacity allocated to each team member. The report takes into consideration the employees’ maximum capacity. To give you an example: Diane is working 20 hours/week. If her actual workload is 22 hours in a given week, the report will show a 110 % utilization for Diane in that week.
We are constantly improving the Resource Planner based on customer feedback. The latest improvements include:
- Calculation of “Available FTE” based on the average FTE hours per month
- Color-coding to indicate over- or underutilization of resources (you can see any deviations directly in the planner sheet)
Answers to common questions
Are there any limitations to the number of team members you can add?
No, there are no limitations. You can add as many team members as you can handle.
Are there any limitations to the number of projects/tasks you can add to each team member?
No, there are no limitations. You can add any number of projects/tasks.
What Excel version do I need to use the planner?
You should have at least Excel 2013. And the Team Planner works for both PC and Mac.
I have a question. How can I reach you?
You can contact me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Zero risk for you: Our 30-day money back guarantee
If you buy the Resource Planner and then feel that it’s not what you were looking for, we are happy to give you back your investment within 30 days after your purchase.
Your One-Stop Resource Planner for Excel
“Thanks for your help and your brilliant tools”
- Fully automated – just use the buttons!
- See the available hours of your team members with a quick glance
- Add as many projects, tasks or team members as you like
- 30-day money back guarantee
Secure payment via FastSpring
You will get an automatic email with a download link.
Check your spam box.